Minneburg was built some time in the 1200s, though its origin unknown. According to legend, the castle name was derived from a woman, Minna von Horneck by name, who was the love of Graf von Schwarzenberg who left on the Crusades. When he returned he found her on her deathbed and promised to build a castle in her honor.
The castle Stolzeneck is the ruins of a hilltop castle above the Neckar in Eberbach in Baden-Wuerttemberg . The castle, built around 1200, was given to servants of the Count Palatinate from 1284 as an Electoral Palatinate fief . The castle was probably built around 1200 as an imperial castle. In 1284, Count Palatine Ludwig II acquired the castle. King Albrecht I promised Ludwig in 1291 that his rights to Stolzeneck and Reichenstein would be recognized and that he would be enfeoffed with Kammerstein Castle and Dilsberg if he was re-elected . The castle was probably damaged in the Palatinate-Bavarian War of Succession in 1504 , as Count Palatine Ludwig V reached a settlement with Philipp von Seldeneck in 1509 about the chopping of wood necessary to rebuild the castle. After the Barons von Frauenberg died out in 1610, the castle came back to the Electoral Palatinate and was not re-assigned. In a report from 1611 the entire complex is described as dilapidated, whereupon the Electoral Palatinate court chamber decided to give up the fief. The castle was released for demolition, the associated land, fishing rights, etc. were sold in 1612.
Eberbach Castle consisted of three separate castles situated about 160 metres high above the river Neckar. It is assumed that the front castle was built in the last quarter of the 12th century, the middle castle ca. 1200 and the rear castle in the second quarter of the 13th century. In 1227 King Henry VII was given Eberbach Castle as a fief by the Bishop of Worms. Presumably the castles remained in the possession of the empire until 1330. After that, the castles were pledged to the palsgraves who subsequently used them as a bailiwick of the Electoral Palatinate. In 1402 Ruprecht III of the Palatinate pledged the town and the castles to the knight Hans von Hirschhorn. In 1403 he obtained permission from the king to demolish and raze the castle, since presumably it was not of any use, but only entailed costs. He thus got rid of competitors for his castles in Hirschhorn and Zwingenberg. By and by the ruins were dismantled and their stones used for building projects in Eberbach, in particular for building walls to fend off game in order to protect the fields lying next to the woodland.
Ruins of Wildenberg Castle, Germany - 2021 Wildenberg Castle (German: Burg Wildenberg), also called the Wildenburg, is a ruined, Hohenstaufen period castle in the Odenwald hills in Germany. It is located in the parish of Preunschen in the municipality of Kirchzell, in the Lower Franconian district of Miltenberg in Bavaria. The lords of Dürn, meritorious members of the retinue of the Hohenstaufen emperor and Schutzvögte of Amorbach Abbey, had the castle built sometime between 1180 and around 1200. In the German Peasants' War, peasants from the Heller Haufen led by the knight Götz of Berlichingen razed Wildenberg Castle on 4 May 1525. Since then, it has been a ruin.